Activities | Workshops
cemfi 2020-2021 Seminars Series
The cemfi node organizes the «Firms, Innovation, Regulatioon, Markets, and Strategy Workshop (FIRMS)». This seminar series is concerned with current research topics in theoretical and applied microeconomics.
Seminars celebrated during the course 2020-2021:
- 3 November 2020. Heiko Karle (Frankfurt School of Finance & Management), Excessive Targeting-When More Fined-Tuned Targeting Harms Advertisiers (joint with Markus Reisinger).
- 17 November 2020. George Georgiadis (Kellogg School of Management), Optimal Feedback in Contests .
- 24 November 2020. Özlem Bedre-Defolie (ESMT Berlin), Hybrid Platform Model (joint with Simon Anderson).
- 1 December 2020. Florian Ederer (Yale School of Management), Common Ownership, Competition, and Top Management Incentives (joint with Miguel Antón, MIreia Giné, and Martin Schmalz).
- 2 March 2021. Johannes Johnen (Universite Catholique de Louvain), Deceptive Features on Platforms.
- 16 March 2021. Vitali Gretschko (Universität Mannheim), Worst-case Belief Equilibria in First-price Auctions (joint with Helene Mass).
- 23 March 2021. Sarah Auster (Bonn University), Simultaneous Search and Adverse Selection (joint with Piero Gottardi and Ronald Wolthoff).
- 13 April 2021. Jorge Lemus (UoI Urbana Champaign), Diversification and Information in Contests (joint with Emil Temnyalov).
- 20 April 2021. Nicolas Schutz (University of Mannheim), Dual Pricing in a Model of Sales (joint with Anton Sobolev).
- 27 April 2021. Chengsi Wang (Monash University), Directed Search on a Platform: Meet Fewer to Match More? (joint with Makoto Watanabe).
- 4 may 2021. Adrien Vigier (University of Nottingham), Optimal School Design (joint with Jacopo Bizzotto).
- 18 May 2021. Matthew Mitchell (Rotman School of Managent), The Effects of Influencer Advertising Disclosure Regulations: Evidence From Instagram (joint with Dan Ershov).
- 25 May 2021. Francesco Decarolis (Università Bocconi), Measuring Complementarities in Vertical Markets: Evidence from the Digital Advertising Industry (joint with Andrea Chiantello, Maris Goldmanis and Antonio Penta).
- 1 June 2021. Maher Said (NYU), Agency-Constrained Information Design (joint with Rahul Deb and Mallesh Pai).
- 8 June 2021. David Miller (University of Michigan), Seeking Relationship Support: Strategic network formation and robust cooperation (joint with Xu Tan).
- 15 June 2021. José Ignacio Cuesta (Stanford University), Quality Regulation and Competition: Evidence from Pharmaceutical Markets (joint with Juan Pablo Atal and Morten Saethre).